About the Ingredients
A heartwarming dish at home! This dish uses our Top Seller, Hokkaido Dashi as the soup stock. Details:
Hokkaido Dashi, Japanese Soup Stock
INGREDIENTS FOR SOUP:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A thumb size of ginger
- Half a leek
- 4pc chicken fillet (cut into cubes)
- 4pc fresh shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- Carrots & white radish (daikon)
- Tofu (cube-sized)
- Hokkaido Dashi soup stock (prepared in advance)
- Light soy sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR DUMPLING:
- ¾ cake flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat the oil, stirfry the garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add in the chicken cubes and stirfry till almost cooked.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots and white radish. Mix till even and cooked, then mix in the leek.
- Add in the Hokkaido Dashi and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in tofu.
- Add in the salt, light soy sauce, and pepper only when served.
- Dumpling (Dango):
- Mix the ¾ cake flour and 1/3 cup of water till smooth and paste like consistency.
- Heat water in the pot until billing then scoop the batter with spoon and drop them into the boiling water.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes after the batter float up.
- Scoop up the cooked dumpling and cold water bath them (submerge in cold water or ice water, this is done so the dumpling will be chewy)
- Serve with the soup. Add salt, light soy sauce and pepper according to your taste preference.
Easy-to-cook for Toddlers & Family.
Recipe in collaboration with Bake.Cook.Eggfree, she_wan