About Hokkaido Dashi Flakes
Cut open the dashi pack and use the fish and konbu flakes in the cooking
Hokkaido Dashi, Japanese Soup Stock
Serves 2 – 3
- 1.5 cups of Japanese Rice
- Fresh Shitake mushroom, sliced
- Fresh fried beancurd, sliced
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Water, 1.5 cups (you may adjust the water according to the type of rice used)
- Gold sesame seed Oil
- Japanese Soy sauce (we use Moribun no-additive premium Shoyu)
- 1 tsp of Hokkaido dashi flakes (from the dashi pack). You may adjust the amount use according to your taste and preference. Keep the remaining for other cooking use.
Wash the Japanese rice. Leave it for 20 min.
Place into the rice cooker.
Add water, dash of gold sesame seed oil, garlic, condiments and the dashi flakes, Place the shitake mushroom on top. Add the beancurd.
Switch on the rice cooker – normal cooking mode. If your rice cooker has a Claypot Rice mode, you may use it.
Serve when cooked.
Goes well with a bowl of miso soup and vegetables.