About the Ingredients
Houji cha is the same unfermented tea as other kinds of Japanese tea, but the difference is it is made by roasting as the final tea making process.
It is much milder in bitterness and taste than other Japanese teas, but more fragrant. Containing less caffeine and tannin, it is more suitable for little ones and suitable for meals.
- Pork meat (shoulder butt)
- Daikon (Japanese turnip)
- 1 thumb of Ginger
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Tea leaves (Houji Tea), placed in a tea bag/dashi bag.
- Optional: Boiled eggs and rock sugar
- < Braising the pork with tea will make the meat tender. Enjoy! >
- Fry the ginger and garlic till fragrant with sesame oil
- Add in the meat, stir till looks cooked from outside. No more pink.
- Add in the mushrooms and daikon
- Add in the water just to the top of the ingredients
- Add in the houjicha (tea leaves)
- Add in the black sauce paste and soy sauce (optional: pepper and a cube or two rock sugar). For a healthier version, omit the sugar.
- Add in the tofu
- Simmer till the broth is reduced to below the ingredients line.
Easy-to-cook for Toddlers & Family.
Recipe in collaboration with Bake.Cook.Eggfree, she_wan